What are cookies
We know that people are sometimes worried about what details they share online and what companies do with that information. So here are our top 5 facts about cookies!
- Cookies on North Media Talent never store any personal data.
- Cookies are simple text files. They are often needed to help navigate automatic logins, password authentication, shopping cart functions, personal preference settings and a variety of other functions. Cookies make these functions smooth and hassle-free to you, the end user.
- Cookies don’t search your computer for information. They register the information you provide through your browser. When you enter personal and/or financial information on a website, the cookies store your information, both for ease of use on your next visit, and for ad tracking.
- Cookies themselves contain very little information other than the URL of the website that created the cookie. Because there is so little information, a cookie can’t be used to identify you by name or other personal information.
- Cookies are harmless. They cannot introduce viruses on your computer.
The cookies that we use
This is a cookie used by Google Analytics that is also used by a number of other websites that use Google Analytics for statistical purposes. It doesn’t store any personal identifying data. It helps build up a picture of the types of sites you visit. Often this cookie is used by sites for targeted advertising purposes. Whilst North Media Talent doesn’t have any advertising that is targeted to specific users, we believe in being part of the wider online community that can help build up a picture of internet use worldwide. We also are able to analyse the data collected here to paint a rough picture of the audience demographics the website attracts.
Third Party Cookies
If you load a web page that contains embedded content such as banner advertising and media embeds; or you link through to a third party website from North Media Talent; you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don’t control the setting of these cookies and are not responsible for them. You should check the third party website for information about how these cookies work and how to manage them.
Managing or blocking Cookies
You can block cookies by activating the settings on your browser. This allows you to block all or some cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your web browser.